Not only hair , fishtails look good even on nails and trust me its way easier to do it on nails than on hair. I have chosen the classic black on gold combination , but it would look good with any colors .
What you need:
- Two different colored nail polish
- striping tape
- Base coat/ top coat ( optional)
How to do it:
- Start by applying base coat to protect your nails(optional). Then apply golden nail paint on all nails.
- Apply striping tape as shown in the picture and cover it with black nail paint .
- Remove the striping tapes immediately ( leaving them for long would lead to uneven lines) .
- Seal it with a top coat (optional).
Mint green/ Pastel green is one of my favorite color and pairing it with silver gives pretty and girly nails , all ready for the summer
What you need:
- Mint/Pastel Green Nail paint
- Silver nail paint
- Striping Tape/ Scotch Tape
- Base/Top coat(Optional)
What I have used:
( Review of Nail paints in my last post)
How to do it :
- Paint the nails with the pastel green color. If the paint is not very Opaque , like mine wasn’t , First use white nail paints and then top it with the green paint . It would make the color pop.
- Put striping tapes as shown in the picture.
- Paint to the last tape with the silver color and then remove the tapes asap ( If the tapes sit with the paint for too long the lines would come uneven )
- Top it with a Top coat to give it a glossy finish (optional)
I recently did shopping from a new website by the name NewU . My last post was about my experience with the website. I bought 4 nail Paints from their brand NewU(it’s by dabur ).
Following are the Nail Paints I bought –
Rose Quarts on Purple Nail paint
It is a black glitter nail paint .The glitters are green.Its not very opaque in the first coat ,takes 3 coats to get the perfect color .It can be used on a black nail paint to get a noce color in one coat . It can also be used as a glitter top coat on any color. Another way to use is to put it on a sponge to just get the glitter.
Glitterati Outer Space -143 as on the website
The picture on the website is very different than the actual product , I did not particularly like this polish , and wish it was what its shown on the site .
MRP: ₹ 75
Discounted price : ₹ 37
This is a very pretty mint green / Pastel green color . It again is not very opaque in the first coat , but if used on a white base the color pops out really good .
The picture on the website and the name both suggest it to be a pastel blue color , but its green .
Enter a cap
Discounted price :₹ 27
This is a very gorgeous silver color with silver particles in it .Though its not textured . One coat of this polish is sufficient , with two coats it appears even better .
MRP : ₹75
Discounted price:₹ 37
This is a very gorgeous top coat with pink hexes and glitter . It would look good on a variety of colors like purple , pink , black , white and many more. There are plenty of hexes in it and plenty of them come in one swipe.
Discounted price : ₹ 37
This is my favorite remover . It easily removes glitter nail polish and doesn’t dry the nails.
One thing that bothers me the most is that all these paints have a terrible smell . It is very strong and opening the bottle fills the entire room with this horrible strong smell.
NewU is a new website by dabur . It sells beauty products for both men and women . Since it is a new website they are giving very good discounts on almost all products .
I ordered 4 nail Paints , a nail paint remover and a conditioner on 20th February 2016. And got it delivered on 3rd March 2016.
- Delivery Time :The delivery time was 11 days . Delivery charges are 30 rupees for orders blow 499 rupees.
- Ordered products Out of Stock: I mailed the customer care executive around 30th to inquire about my order because even after 10 days the status of the order was processing. I was told that two nail Paints from my order were out of stock . That was a bit of a surprise because when I checked their site on 30th it still showed that they were in stock .The customer care executive asked me to replace the two items by other items . However , when I got the delivery , the nail Paints were the same which I had ordered the first time , which i was told were out of stock!
- Slow website: Their website is extremely slow , it takes ages to load a page .
- COD: I checked product for their availability on cash on delivery , and all products were eligible for COD ( for my pin code) However when I placed the order there was no option of cash on delivery , on inquiring about it the Customer care executive could not give me any solution to this .
- Packaging:The packaging of products was good , there was plenty of bubble wrap ( yay!) to protect the various glass bottles .
- Customer Care Executive: There is only one customer care executive and he is very helpful and polite. He answers the phone and the emails .
- Misleading Pictures :One product ( a black nail paint ) is very different from the image on the website and I don’t like it much .
- Discounts:Overall the website is good , offering plenty of discounts on all products and the products are all new and in good condition .
4 nail Paints ( Brand: NewU)
MRP of one of them is 55 rupees , got it for 27 rupees
MPR of other three are for 75 rupees, got them for 37 rupees each
Nail paint remover -MRP 75 rupees , got it for 55 rupees ( Brand : lakme)
Conditioner – MRP 75 rupees , got it for 69 rupees ( Brand : loreal)
The swatches of these nail Paints are in my next post , check it out for the full review
This cute nail art has bright colors ‘peek-a-booing’ing . It is a trendy design and I know it doesn’t go very well with the traditional hena/ mehandi on my hands , but if done on otherwise would look good .
Most of the Nail art designs are difficult to do on the right hand as working with the left hand is difficult. This design is easy enough to be done on the Right Hand as well.
What you need :
- 5 Bright color Nail paints
- Black Nail paint
- Striping tape / nail art brush / Scotch tape/ paint brush
- Base / top Coat ( optional)
How To do it :
- There are two ways to do it –
- Method 1
- Paint all your nails with different colors.
- Put striping tape ( or make striping tape with scotch tape ) on your nails in different directions and paint the nail black , quickly remove the tapes to get neat lines.
- Method 2
- Paint all your Nails Black .
- Using a Nail art brush make lines of different colors on all nails .
- Seal it with a Top coat to get a glossy Finish ( optional) .
This Design is monochrome with a pop of red . This nail art design has been inspired by Polishedbyamy ( http://polishedbyamy.com/ )
What you need :
- Black nail paint
- Red nail paint
- White nail paint
- Golden nail paint
- Toothpick / Dotting tool
- Scotch tape / Striping tape / Striping tool
- Base/Top coat ( optional)
What I have used:
- Blackout By Maybelline
- Red By Maybelline
- Porcelain Party By Maybelline
- Bold Gold By Maybelline
- Striping Tape
- Very Me Base and Top coat By Oriflame
How to do It:
- Start with a base coat to protect your nails ( Optional)
- Color all the nails black except the ring finger nail , color that nail red .
- Use a striping tape or Striping tool to draw white lines on the middle finger nail. If using striping tape , place them vertically leaving equal space in between . Paint using the white nailpaint , remove the tapes to get white lines . ( TIP : remove the tapes quickly after applying the white paint to get a neat look. )
- Use the dotting tool or the blunt side of the toothpick to make golden dots on rest of the nails as shown in the picture .
- Seal the design with a Top coat to get a glossy finish . (optional)