What you need
- peach ( coral) , orange and red nail paints
- Black nail paint
- striping tape or scotch tape
- base coat and top coat ( optional)
What I have used
- coral craze by maybelline ( color show)
- blackout by maybelline ( color show)
- downtown red by maybelline ( color show)
- flaming orange by lakme ( absolute fast and fabulous )
- striping tape
How to do it
- Start with applying a base coat ( optional) to protect your nails
- Color the index finger nail with the coral , orange and red shade . Start by making a vertical line with the coral shade , then orange and then red . This can be done by free hand or for a neat look use scotch tape . For this cover 2/3 of the nail from the right side with scotch tape leaving 1/3 portion on the left of the nail and paint the nail with coral nail paint , then cover 1/3 of the nail from the right with scotch tape and paint
with the orange nail paint , and finally paint the remaining 1/3 portion with red . This would give the nail a gradient look.
- Now to get black pattern , either striping tape or scotch tape can be used . scotch tape would have to be cut into stripes . Set the tapes as shown in the pictures . Color with black paint . Remove all the tapes immediately ( tip: Do not let the paint dry on the tapes , remove them quickly for a neat look )
- Color the nails of the little finger , middle finger and thumb with orange nail paint . Set the tapes as shown in the picture . This would divide the nail into portions . Color the bottom most portion red , the portion above it black , leave one portion , finally color the portion above it black . Remove all the tapes .
- 5.Color the ring finger nail with black nail paint
- Finish with a top coat to get glossy finish.